Pool Maintenance Technicians
As a pool owner, you can perform the most common maintenance tasks on your own, since many of these tasks do not require professional assistance. However, if you don’t want to do it yourself, feel free to give us a call! We can have a maintenance technician come to your pool on a regular basis and manage the entire upkeep. The spectrum of pool services ranges from simple debris removal to services that actually require a professional, such as equipment maintenance, and even larger tasks, such as draining and scrubbing the pool floor (see photos below).
Suggested Pool Maintenance Schedule
Whether you do it yourself or have Northstar maintenance pool service, the following maintenance schedule is suggested:
- Skim the pool and clean out baskets at least once a week.
- Test pool chemicals and check water level at least once a week.
- Use an infloor cleaning system (we can install one for you) or brush the pool steps at least once a week.
- Brush walls and tile every week.
- In a chlorine pool, “shock” the pool by superchlorinating whenever chlorine levels are low.
- Clean the pool filter every 3 months or when flow meter is between 10-15 lbs per square inch.
- Drain and refill pool with fresh water every 2-3 years.
- Have the heater professionally serviced every 2-5 years if you have a pool heater.
Call Northstar Pools for Professional Pool Service
Pool owners and property management companies who do not wish to perform their own frequent pool maintenance are welcome to contact Northstar Pools for pool service. Also call Northstar Pools for tasks that require a professional, such as heater servicing, pool draining and cleaning, and other professional maintenance.
Pool Floor Cleaning
Select an image to view the gallery.